Do you want to run faster in your next race? Maybe you want to finally finish strong or run a new PR?
But easier said than done. Runners always have a lot of questions about race strategy:
How do I negative split a marathon?
Should I run even splits or run the first few miles slower?
How do I get through the middle of a race where I always slow down?
When do I know if I should go out really fast?
But instead of trying to figure it out all by yourself, there’s a better way: ask a bunch of experts!
I asked 13 top coaches, Boston Qualifiers, ultramarathoners, and even an Olympic Trials Qualifier for their best race advice and pacing strategies.
And I put it together in an ebook for you – for free. Download it here and it’ll be in your inbox in less than an hour.
Here are the experts who contributed their favorite racing strategies:
- Jay Johnson, Running Times contributor and creator of the Building a Better Runner DVDs
- Thad McLaurin, certified coach and personal trainer
- Mario Fraioli, 2:28 marathoner and senior editor at Competitor Magazine
- Joel Runyon, ultramarathoner and triathlete
- Jeff Gaudette, Olympic Trials Qualifier and former Hansons-Brooks professional runner
- Nicole Antoinette, marathoner and hater of all bullshit
- Doug Hay, ultramarathoner and trail runner
- Susan Lacke, Ironman Triathlete and writer for Competitor
- Laura Schwecherl, Outreach director for Greatist
- David Hylton, co-creator of #RunChat
- Matt Frazier, founder of No Meat Athlete and Boston Qualifier
- Mark Kennedy, former kinesiologist
- Me! 2:39 marathoner and author of this blog :)
The $200 Prize
When you download the ebook you’ll be automatically entered to win one of three prizes:
- The Grand Prize: $200 in running gear – a gift certificate to an online running store
- Two Consolation Prizes: A 1-year membership to Active Advantage, giving you discounts on gear, race entries, and more.
Here’s the awesome part: You can rack up UNLIMITED entries by sharing the giveaway with your friends. If they sign up, you get 10 more entries.
I know that one of these race tips will lead to a new personal best. Learn from the experts here and have the race of your life.
What are you waiting for? Download the ebook now, for free, and get in on the contest here: http://strengthrunning.com/13-lucky-race-tips/.
Giving my readers free material and prizes is one way that I can thank you for being here. I appreciate all your support – writing SR and coaching some of you is my greatest reward.
By the way, the contest ends November 19 (next Monday) at 11:59pm so don’t wait.
The ebook is emailed out every hour so please be patient if you have to wait a few minutes.
[EDIT: The contest is over. You can still get the ebook - free - right here.]
Get the Strength Running PR Guide ebook and tips to run faster (without the injuries).