Running Shoe Reviews: Your Complete Guide
The perfect pair of running shoes can be quite elusive. With models changing frequently and so many options available, how do you decide which pair is best for you?
There are many types of shoes – minimalist shoes, racing flats, spikes, cushioned trainers, and bulky motion-control shoes. The reviews here will help you make the best decision for your training and for your feet. I only review running shoes that I’ve worn and trained in personally.
Some of these running shoe reviews are for shoes that I bought personally. Others were provided to me. Regardless, every review is my honest opinion of the shoe and who it will benefit. I also try to explain how you can use the running shoe in your training to become a better runner.
This resource page is constantly revised as I post more running shoe reviews so make sure you sign up for my private list below to get those updates:
Running Shoe Reviews
- ASICS Hyper Speeds (racing flat)
- Merrell Trail Glove (minimalist)
- Nike Zoom Streak XC (racing flat)
- Adidas adiZero Boston 3 (neutral trainer)
- ASICS Speedstar 6 (neutral trainer)
- K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light (neutral trainer)
- New Balance Minimus Road (minimalist)
- Skora Form (minimalist)
- ASICS Gel-Blur 33 (cushioned trainer)
- Newton Gravity (neutral trainer)
My Philosophy on Running Shoes
- The Spectrum of Minimalist Running Shoes
- Using Minimalism as a Tool Not a Way of Life
- How to Choose Running Shoes
- Running Barefoot for Injury Prevention and Mechanics Improvement
I’m a “cautious minimalist” in that I pick my battles: a small amount of minimalism can help you improve your form, prevent injuries, and develop greater lower leg strength. There’s no need to be a 100% barefoot runner and ditch running shoes entirely.
In fact, the best way to strike a balance between running barefoot and wearing shoes is to run like you’re barefoot while wearing running shoes.
So wear your shoes and wear them proudly!
When I buy shoes, I only use Road Runner Sports because they offer 10% off everything for their VIP members, free shipping, and they have a 90 day return policy that lets you return running shoes even after you’ve worn them.
For me, it’s a no brainer. Check them out here to save some cash on your next pair of running shoes.